TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS:
Your tattoo was done with sterile equipment and procedure. We guarantee the workmanship. Once you leave the studio, proper care and healing of your tattoo is your responsibility. Call us if you have any questions or concerns: 360-676-7330
What To Do:
Always wash your hands first using antibacterial soap.
- Leave the tattoo bandaged for a maximum of two hours. Do not re-bandage tattoo.
- Remove bandage and wash the tattoo well by hand using antibacterial soap and luke-warm water.
- When done washing the tattoo, gently pat the tattoo dry with a clean towel, and allow the tattoo to dry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Apply Tattoo Ointment or Lotion to the tattoo 2 to 3 times daily. Continue applying tattoo ointment or lotion for 10 to 14 days
The top skin layer over the tattoo will begin to flake off or peel like tissue paper after about a week. Peeling and flaking is usual, but call us if you have concerns. Continue applying Unscented Lotion when tattoo begins flaking.
- Do not pick or scratch! Let the skin peel naturally.
- Dry skin containing color may come off while using lotion or washing the tattoo.
What Not To Do:
- NO direct sunlight on tattoo for the first 2 to 3 weeks.
- DO NOT pick or scratch the tattoo while it is peeling.
- DO NOT soak the tattoo for a period of 2 weeks.
- No chlorine water, swimming, baths, hot tubs, or saunas for 2 weeks. Showers OK
- After 2 weeks, when the tattoo is completely peeled, swimming or soaking is ok.
- NO shaving or waxing area until tattoo is completely healed.
- DO NOT apply alcohol, Vaseline, Neosporin, or sun-block to fresh tattoo.
- Small amounts of color may appear on clothing or sheets for the first few days.
- When tattoo is peeling, color will appear in pieces of skin.
- If the tattoo is on an area where it is exposed to air, allow it to breathe to promote faster healing. Your body and oxygen are going to heal the tattoo.
- Do not suffocate your tattoo, wear loose-fitting clothing.